Monday 28 November 2011

Best of 2011 so far but with a lot still to come...

As the year is approaching its end I've been giving some thought to the films that have really blown me away and am starting to put together my top 5 of 2011. Of course there are still some big releases to come and some films I have yet to get round to so my list as it stands could change considerably. Tonight I'm off to watch 50/50 the new 'cancer comedy' starring Joseph Gordon Levitt and Seth Rogan, and on wednesday I'm seeing Deep Blue Sea - the new film from Terrence Davies starring Rachel Weisz. Deep Blue Sea is getting rather a lot of attention, positive reviews and has generally been regarded as the finest work from both Davies and Weisz so that could potentially make my list but we'll have to see.

So far, the films that have impressed me most are Terrence Malick's The Tree of Life, Woody Allen's Midnight In Paris, the ultra-violent surprise hit Drive, sci-fi thriller Source Code and the welcome Bridesmaids. All these titles could very well make my top 5 but with Martin Scorsese's Hugo still on the way, as well as David Fincher's take on The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, new silent film The Artist, and Meryl Streep as Maggie Thatcher in The Lady my best of 2011 could take a whole new shape over the next month.

Review for 50/50 and Deep Blue Sea will be up later this week, hope you stop by again.

No comments:

Post a Comment